For Posterity's Sake Genealogy
The Descendants of Leveret Bishop
5. John BISHOP #203, b. 09-May-1828, Nova Scotia, bapt. 21-May-1830, occupation Ships Carpenter - Farmer, d. 06-Jul-1915, Fairfield, Saint John Co., NB. In the 1851 Census for Kingston Parish, Kings Co., NB, John was 25 (the census list John as absent at the time it was taken.) The 1851 Census for Moncton, NB list John was age 22, occupation Ships carpenter Farmer. Came to NB in 1831. The 1901 census for NB list John Bishop's birthdate as May 9, 1828. Death Certificate list John's place of Birth as NB. - Marriage ceremony performed by Rev. D. Crandall. Research by Yvon Porelle shows his date of birth as 25 June 1829. John lived in Moncton and Fairfield, New Brunswick. He married Eunice Melissa SHAY #204, 05-Jun-1851, in Moncton, NB, b. 1831, Moncton, NB, (daughter of Richard SHAY #376 and Olive WIGMORE #377) d. 03-May-1885, buried: Elmwood Cemetery, Moncton, NB. Eunice died to TB. In the 1851 census, she was listed as age 20. In the 1861 census she was listed as age 29. His second marriage was to Elizabeth BEACH #4338, 12-February-1893, d. before 1901. (The information on the marriage Miss Beach was told to Jackie (Bishop) Tilton by her grandfather. She was not able to find a record of the marriage. Elizabeth's first name was provided by Yvon Porelle.) John and Elizabeth had no children. John's third marriage was to Agnes BEGGS #4339, 16-June-1904, b. 03-April-1851. Agnes was said to be an old maid school teacher in Fairfield NB (near Quaco). John met her when he went to visit his brother William who was boarding with her. Agnes survived John Bishop. John and Agnes had no children.
Children (of Eunice Shay)
Children (of Eunice Shay)
i Olivia Jane BISHOP #205, b. 16-Feb-1852, d. 14-May-1853.
ii Ann Maria BISHOP #206, b. 08-Nov-1853, d. 03-Feb-1854. - Name may be Anna vice Ann.
iii John Edmund BISHOP #207, b. 14-Jan-1855, d. 28-Jun-1855. - Date of birth may be 17 Jan.
iv Melissa Abigail BISHOP #208, b. 29-Jul-1856, d. 05-Jun-1874. Died of TB.
12. v Stephen William BISHOP #209 b. 01-Nov-1858.
vi Charlotte Lavinia BISHOP #210, b. 16-Aug-1860, d. after 1840. From a letter received from Jackie Tilton: Charlotte lived in Old Town, Maine. She was still alive in the 1940's when she and Mary Ann lived together - I remember stopping and meeting them one time when we were going by car from Quebec to Moncton. Charlotte had a huge goiter growth on her neck. Charlottes first marriage was to Samual DUNHAM #291; he second marriage was to HAVELOCK #235.
13. vii John Alexander BISHOP #211 b. 09-Mar-1863.
viii George Thomas BISHOP #212, b. 16-Jul-1865, d. 15-Oct-1866.
ix Mary Ann BISHOP #214, b. 23-Aug-1867. In a letter from Jackie Tilton: Aunt Molly went to Maine to take care of some old man in Camden Maine and hurt her back lifting him. She spent many years in a wheel chair. Molly never married.
14. x Robert Slater BISHOP #213 b. 10-Apr-1868.
xi Albert Watson BISHOP #215, b. 06-Mar-1873, d. 01-Jan-1941, Glace Bay, Nova Scotia. In a letter from Jackie Tilton: "Albert apparently was quite a rebel - he didn't work anymore than he had to. He married late in life and went to live in Glace Bay where he died." Albert's middle name may be Judson. Albert may have died on 15 January 1941. His first marriage was to Jennie CANNING #5411. (The information on this marriage was provided by Yvon Porelle)
6. Mary BISHOP
#232, b. 1829, Nova Scotia, d. Moncton, New Brunswick.
In the 1851 Census for Kingston Parish, Kings CO., NB, Mary was
age 22. In a letter from Jackie
Tilton: "After her husband died, Mary moved to Conn. with her two sons.
One day her brother Geo got a letter from a son asking if she could come
visit. They went to meet her at the station and found a very lost lady who
didn't know where she was - the sons never answered any letters they wrote to
send her back. She ended up being kept by George's family until she died. She
is buried with George in Elmwood Cemetery, Moncton."
This was told to Jackie by Kitty (Hannigan) McDonald. She
married Alexander McLELLAN
#231, d. Moncton, NB.
6. Mary BISHOP #232, b. 1829, Nova Scotia, d. Moncton, New Brunswick. In the 1851 Census for Kingston Parish, Kings CO., NB, Mary was age 22. In a letter from Jackie Tilton: "After her husband died, Mary moved to Conn. with her two sons. One day her brother Geo got a letter from a son asking if she could come visit. They went to meet her at the station and found a very lost lady who didn't know where she was - the sons never answered any letters they wrote to send her back. She ended up being kept by George's family until she died. She is buried with George in Elmwood Cemetery, Moncton." This was told to Jackie by Kitty (Hannigan) McDonald. She married Alexander McLELLAN #231, d. Moncton, NB.
i George McLELLAN #4349.
7. Maria BISHOP #230, b. 1831. In the 1851 Census for Kingston Parish, Kings Co., NB, Maria was 20. In an 1861 Census for New Brunswick, Maria, listed as the spouse of John Rogers, is listed as age 27 (giving a birthdate of 1834). In an 1871 Census Maria is listed as 31 Years of age (birth dated of 1840). In the 1881 census she is listed as 45 (birth date 1836). Maria married John ROGERS #229, b. 1834. In an 1861 New Brunswick census, John was listed as 27 years of age. His occupation was listed as a servant/farm labourer. This is under the household of a Thomas Bostwick. The 1871 Census also show John Rogers and family living with a Mr. Thomas Bostwick and his wife Margaret Matthews.
i Julia ROGERS #4331, b. 1861. In an 1881 NB census, Julia is listed as 19 years of age.
ii Harriet ROGERS #4332, b. 1864. In an 1881 NB census Harriet is listed as 17 years of age.
15. iii Charles ROGERS #4333 b. 1868.
iv George ROGERS #4334, b. 1871, d. 1950, buried: Long Branch Cemetery. In an 1881 NB census George is listed as 11 years of age.
v Mary ROGERS #4335, b. 1873, d. 1935, buried: Long Branch Cemetery. In an 1881 NB census Mary is listed as 7 years of age. She married SCHOOLEY #4353.
vi Jenny ROGERS #4336, b. 1877. In an 1881 NB census Jenny is listed as 4 years of age.
#4337, b. 1880. In an 1881 NB
census Hastings is listed as 1 year of age.
8. Charlotte BISHOP
#4329, b. 1842. In the 1851
Census for Kingston Parish, Kings Co., NB, Charlotte was age 9.
Was living in Moncton, New Brunswick in 1881.
She married Elias DUNHAM
#4345, 1864, in Kings Co., New Brunswick.
i George DUNHAM #4346, b. 1876.
ii Holly DUNHAM #4347, b. 1869.
#4348, b. 1868.
9. Jeremiah BISHOP
#236, b. 24-Dec-1846, Kingston Parish, Kings County, New Brunswick, occupation
Ships Carpenter, d. 14-Nov-1900, Noank, Conneticut, USA.
Occupation from Death Certificate. The death certificate lists
Jeremiah's father as Judson Bishop. In 1881,
Jeremiah lived in Simonds Parish, St. John County, New Brunswick.
He worked as a Ships Carpenter at Wallace Shipyards, Salmon River, New
Brunswick. He moved to Noank,
Conneticut about 1888. He
married Elizabeth McGAUNEY
#237, 13-July-1866, in St. John County, New Brunswick, b. 28-September-1837,
Coleraine, Ireland, d. 08-August-1920, Noank, Conneticut, USA. (Much of the
information on Jeremiah BISHOP was provided by George BISHOP.)
16. i Frank BISHOP #5402 b. 20-September-1868.
ii William BISHOP #5406, b. 1873. Lived in Bristol, Rhode Island.
iii Mary A. BISHOP #5407, b. 1875.
iv Charlotte BISHOP #5408, b. 1877.
#5409, b. 1879, d. before 1900.
10. George BISHOP
#586, b. 22-February-1847, New Brunswick, d. 31-July-1921. In the 1851 Census for Kingston Parish, Kings Co., NB, George
was age 11. In and 1881 NB census, George was aged 36. In the 1891 NB census, Geo was aged 47. According to a 1901 census, Geo's date of birth is 22 Feb
1847. He married Catherine CAMPBELL
#4340, 1871, in Westmorland County, New Brunswick, b. 1853, d. before 1901.
Catherine was from P.E.I.
Date of birth from 1881 New Brunswick Census.
Anna (Annie) CAMPBELL
#4341 b. 03-October-1876.
11. John BISHOP
#5386, b. 1837, bapt. 13-Aug-1848. He married Malvina
i John Thor BISHOP #5388.