In memory of those who have Crossed the Bar
GRACEY, James Marshall - Born in Toronto ON on 1 May 1916 to Thomas James Gracie and Jessie Sophia Marshall. James Marshall Gracey married Mary Louise King and had one child, James Jr. He passed away on 4 Aug 1982 in North Vancouver, BC.
Ships served in:
* Enlisted in the RCNVR as an OS in 1940
HMS RALEIGH (Royal Navy Officer Training Establishment) - Served in RALEIGH in Mess 16 for training in 1940
HMS KING ALFRED - (Royal Navy Officer Training Establishment) - Served in KING ALFRED for training.
* Listed as serving with the Royal Navy as a SLt, RCNVR (seniority 30 Dec 1940) (Navy List Jun 1941)
HMCS STADACONA (Depot Ship Halifax) - Appointed to STADACONA 08 Sep 1941 as a SLt, RCNVR as staff for M.M/S and D/G officer (Navy List Oct 1941)
HMCS SUDEROY IV - Appointed to SUDEROY IV 25 Nov 1941 as a SLt, RCNVR, 1st Lt (Navy List De 1941). Appointed Lt, RCNVR (seniority 05 Jan 1942) (Navy List Jan 1942)
STAR XVI - Appointed to STAR XVI 20 Jan 1942 as a Lt, RCNVR, CO (Navy List Apr 1942). Seniority backdate to 05 Jan 1941 (Navy List May 1944)
HMCS CANSO - Appointed to CANSO 05 Oct 1944 as a Lt, RCNVR, CO (Navy List Nov 1944)
* Appointed LCdr, RCNVR (seniority 15 Oct 1945) (Navy List Apr 1946)
* Retired List as a LCdr, RCN(R) (seniority 05 Jan 1946) (Navy List Jul 1948)
HMCS HUNTER (Retired List) as a LCdr, RCN(R) (seniority 05 Jan 1946) (Navy List Jul 1952)
* Honourably Released as a LCdr, RCN(R) 22 Sep 1953 (Navy List Jan 1954)
"The 3 Jims" - Lt James Marshall Gracey, HMCS CANSO, his father T.J. Gracey (Comptroller of the Canadian National Railroad) and James' son James Jr.