For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS FERGUS K686
Commissioned at Collingwood on 18 Nov 1944, Fergus was the last corvette launched for the RCN. She arrived at Halifax in mid-Dec 1944, and early in Jan 1945, proceeded to Bermuda to work up. Arriving at St. John's on 02 Feb 1945, she joined EG C-9, with which she was to served on North Atlantic convoy duty until VE-day. She left Greenock early in Jun 1945 for return to Canada, was paid off on 14 July 1945 at Sydney and placed in reserve at Sorel. Sold for mercantile use in November, she was renamed Camco II and, in 1948, Harcourt Kent. She was wrecked on Cape Pine, Nfld., 22 Nov 1949.
Photos and Documents