Gulnare was purchased by the Canadian government in 1902 for fishery protection work. From 1918 to 1919 she served as a contraband control vessel on the east coast, returning after the war to government duties which included hydrographic survey. She was sold to Marine Industries Ltd. about 1938, and broken up about 10 years later.
Photos and Documents
HMCS GULNARE with HMCS LOOS on her port side