Built as Polana in 1911 for the Department of Agriculture, she later became a quarantine patrol vessel for the Department of Health. In 1923 she was acquired by the Department of Marine and Fisheries as a pilot vessel and renamed Jalobert, commemorating one of Jacques Cartier's master mariners. She served as an examination vessel in the St. Lawrence during the Second World War, and then returned to the Department of Transport. Sold out of government service in 1954, she served until 1980 as Macassa and later as Queen City. In 1982 she became a floating restaurant at Windsor, Ontario.