For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS KALAMALKA J395
Built by A.C. Benson Shipyard Ltd. of Vancouver, HMCS Kalamalka was commissioned in the Canadian Navy 04 Jul 1944. She was assigned to the Local Defence Force and was continuously employed on precautionary sweeps of the approaches to Esquimalt and Prince Rupert Harbour. Initially paid off in Nov 1945, she was reactivated and sent to Halifax where she served as a guard ship for the reserve fleet. Paid off again, she was restored to service in the summer and fall of 1952 and 1953 for use as a tender at St. Johnís and was finally paid off on Oct. 23, 1953 and transferred to the Department of Indian Affairs. Later sold she was reported to have sank in 1968.