For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS MURRAY STEWART Z19
Built in 1918, she was purchased in 1922 by the Department of Transport, which lent her to the RCN in 1942. Murray Stewart served most of the war as an examination vessel at Saint John, N.B., and was paid off on 22 Aug 1945. Sold in 1946, she was in service by 1951 as David Richard at her native Port Arthur, and in 1979 was renamed Georgian Queen. In 2014, the Georgian Queen was put up for sale by her owner.
Photos and Documents