HMCS REO II Z33

 

Minesweeping Auxiliary

 


 

HMCS REO II

Source: The Ships of Canada's Naval Forces 1910-1981 by Ken Macpherson an

 

Built: 1931

Acquired by RCN: 30 Jul 1940

Commissioned: 23 Jan 1941

Paid off: 19 Oct 1945

Fate: In 1981 she was property of the Lunenburg Marine Museum Society

 

Built at Beteghan, NS in 1931. A former rum-runner, REO II was chartered by the RCN on 30 Jul 1940, and commissioned on 23 Jan 1941, as an auxiliary minesweeper. She also served as an examination vessel and coil skid towing vessel. Declared surplus on 19 Oct 1945, she was paid off and in 1946 sold for mercantile purposes. In 1981 she was in the hands of the Lunenburg Marine Museum Society.

 


 

Commanding Officers

 

Mate Ellsworth Trask Coggins, RCNR - 16 Apr 1943 - unk

 

Ch/Skpr Rex Garfield Tidd, RCNR - 01 Jul 1945 - unk

 


 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

 

 


 

Former Crew Members

 

Blouin, Josephat, Ch/Skpr, RCNR - 12 Apr 1944

 

Gordon, Arnold

 

Johnston, Murray Harland, Lt, RCNVR - 11 Feb 1942

 


 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT