Fairmile Motor Launch
Built by Grew Boats Ltd., Penetanguishene, Ont., she was delivered to the RCN on 07 Nov1942. While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels).
In Jan 1944, Q098 was listed as part of the 76th ML Flotilla. Sold in to Irene Sicard of Montreal, she was renamed Corite then Bic.
In Jun 1947, former Q098 was purchased by the Navire école de l’Institut maritime du Québec, fully equipped with radio, radar, sonar in interior communications equipment, for $25,000. On 28 Oct 1948 she was renamed Saint-Barnabé. She served the marine training school until Dec 1958. Her disposition after 1958 is unknown.
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Former Crew Members
De Martigny, Michael Le Moyes, SLt, RCNVR - Jan 1944
Hunt, Howard Alfred, SLt, RCNVR - 26 Apr 1943