For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Tug GLENCOVE W37
Glencove was built by Russel Bros of Owen Sound, Ont. She was a steel hull, short house tug, Length: 80.5 ft; Beam: 20 ft 7 in; Draught 9 ft 8 in; Speed 10.5 kts. She was listed as a tender to the Naval base Chaleur, Quebec city. On 15 Sep 1945, Glencove, with the tug Glenora, towed 3 Fairmiles, Q104, Q105 and Q107 to the Arts and Trades School at Rimouski, Que. Removed from service in Oct 1945, she was sold to Anticosti Shipping, Co. Ltd., Montreal and renamed Consol II. In 1954 she was sold to Canadian Dredge and Dock Ltd., Midland, Ont and renamed Glen Rover. She was sold again in 1986, 1988, 1989 and 2000 but retained her name through these sales. She was photographed in 2012 and was owned by Stormaway Towing of Campbell River, BC.
Photos and Documents