Tug Patricia McQueen

Courtesy of Liza Price, Resource Assistant, Marsh Historical Collection, 235A Dalhousie St, Amherstburg, ON

Click on the above photo to view the full image


Entered Service:

Removed from Service:

Fate: Broken up c2020-21 after the sale of the Gamble Shipyard


A steel-hulled tug, she was built in 1911 by the American Shipbuilding Co., Lorain Ohio, as the tug Baltimore. Her specifications on completion were: Length: 61 ft, Beam: 16 ft, Draught: 8 ft, Tonnage (Gross/Net) 45 / 31 tons. From 1936 to 1970, with service in the RCN during World War 2, she was owned by McQueen Marine (Amherstburg ON) as the Patricia McQueen. On 09 Jun 1941, PATRICIA MCQUEEN McQueen was assigned to Gaspé, Que. In 1970, she was rebuilt as the yacht Maracaibo II at Detroit, MI, and later re-named Jiggs in 1982. Jiggs was last reported as a derelict vessel at a shipyard in Port Dover "half submerged in mud and in a state of complete disrepair." 


On Wednesday, 15 Mar 2018, Jiggs caught fire at the Harry Gamble Shipyard in Port Dover, ON.  


The Jiggs (former Tug Patricia McQueen) was broken up in Port Dover circa 2020-2021 after the sale of the Gamble Shipyard.



Photos and Documents



Commanding Officers


Skpr/Lt Paul Edouard Blouis (1st crew)

Ch/Skpr Georges Francois Allard (2nd crew)

Ch/Skpr Paul Edouard Blouin, RCNR - 03 June 1941 - unk

Ch/Skpr Paul Edouard Blouin, RCNR - 02 June 1942 - unk

Skpr Edward Carlisle McConnell, RCNR - 17 Apr 1945 - unk



     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten




Smith, Thomas A.





Photos and Documents


Article on a fire onboard "Jiggs" on 14 Mar 2018