The Canadian military has for a long time maintained a military liaison staff in the Canadian Embassy in Washington, District of Columbia, to represent its interests in the United States. The Royal Canadian Navy’s Naval Headquarters, known as HMCS NIAGARA, was located on Massachusetts Avenue Northwest from 7 September 1951 to 1 September 1965, and housed the Canadian Naval Attaché as well as the Naval Member of the Canadian Joint Staff.
Date commissioned: 7 September 1951 Paid off: 1 September 1965
HMCS NIAGARA Christmas Card
Click on the above card to view a larger image
Courtesy of Hugh Muir