SARAVAN / HC 96
Boom Defence Vessel
SARAVAN was built in 1938 for William F. Nelson of Vancouver, BC. She was acquired by the RCN c1941 and was utilized as a harbour craft and boom defence vessel stationed at HMCS NADEN (III) in Comox, BC. In 1946 she was transferred to the War Assets and Disposal Corp. for disposal. In 2019 she was owned by Ladysmith Maritime Society, Ladysmith, BC.
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten