For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS LOCH MORLICH K517
Built by Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson Ltd., at Wallsend-on-Tyne, she was commissioned there on 17 Jul 1944. She joined EG 6 at Londonderry in Sep 1944 after working up at Tobermory, Loch Morlich remained with the group in U.K. waters until the end of the war, based for short periods at Portsmouth and Plymouth. In Apr 1945, the group was transferred to Halifax and Loch Morlich went along, but left on 29 May 1945 for Sheerness where, with Loch Achanalt, she was paid off on 20 Jun 1945 and returned to the RN. She lay in reserve at Sheerness until 1949, when she was sold to the Royal New Zealand Navy and commissioned as HMNZS Tutira F517. Paid off in 1951, she was broken up at Hong Kong in 1966.
Photos and Documents