Built by Thor Iron Works, Toronto, Ont., she was completed on 22 Jun 1918. Her specifications were: Displacement: 275 tons, Length: 125 ft, Beam: 23.5 ft, Draught: 13.5 ft, Speed: 10 kts, Armament: 1-12pdr. Paid off on 01 Jul 1919, TR 14 was sold in 1920 to Rose Street Foundry & Engineering Co. Ltd., Inverness for lay up and possible re-classification as a steam trawler. In 1921 she was transferred to Inverness as the expense of the Admiralty. She was re-sold for commercial use in Aug 1926. On 03 Dec 1931 she was homeward bound with a hold full of herring from NW coast of Ireland with Skpr J. James and 11 crew on board. She approached the Isle of Man in severe weather conditions with driving rain and heavy seas. At slow ahead she ran ashore at 6.00 a.m. on sand at Jurby Head, Isle of Man. The crew were rescued; the vessel was declared a total loss.
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
TR-18 in the Bay of Fundy
Click on the above photo to view a larger image
Courtesy of Hugh Muir