HMCS FUNDY 159
Bay Class Minesweeper
Built by the Davie Shipbuilding Co., Lauzon, she was commissioned on 27 Nov 1956. Initially operating out of Halifax, she was later transferred to Esquimalt and was a member of Training Group Pacific until paid off on 19 Dec 1996.
In 1968, FUNDY was part of the escort ships for the Newport / Bermuda yacht race. During that race she rescued the crew of the yacht Truant V which had become disabled after a close encounter with a whale.
Specifications when first completed: Displacement: 390 tons, Length: 152 ft, Beam: 28 ft, Draught: 8 ft, Speed: 16 kts, Complement: 3 officers and 35 men, Armament: 1-40mm. The 40mm gun was later removed.
The Ship's Bell Photos and Documents
RCN Memories: The Minesweeper and the Yacht Fundy to the Rescue
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Former Crew Members
Photos and Documents