For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS ANDRÉE DUPRÉ W03
Former HMCS TR ?? (1918)
Originally a Sorel-built naval trawler of the TR class, she was sold for commercial use after the First World War and renamed Napoléon L. Again renamed and in the hands of Marine Industries Ltd, as a tug, she was taken up by the RCN in 1939 for use as an examination vessel at Halifax. Sold after the war, she resumed her former occupation as a tug, renamed Remorqueur 16, at Bordeau, France from 1947 to 1956.
Examination vessel HMCS Andree Dupre commissioned in Halifax. 285GRT/96nrt 5.0x23.7x12.8ft T3cy 12¾"21½"35"x24" 62nhp 500ihp 11k by Beauchemin and Cie, Sorel Province of Quebec, completed by The Transportation and Shipping Co Ltd, Sorel, Province of Quebec, renamed Naploeon L.; registered 1921 #138460 Napoleon L.; 1926 sold to The Sincennes McNaughton Line Ltd, Montreal, Province of Quebec, renamed Andree Dupre; 1928 transferred to Sin-Mac Lines Ltd, Montreal, Province of Quebec; 1934 transferred to Sincennes McNaughton Tugs Ltd, Montreal, Province of Quebec; 1935 sold to Manseau Shipyards Ltd, Sorel, Province of Quebec; 1937 sold to Marine Industries Ltd, Montreal, Province of Quebec; 1940-45 WW.II RCN as HMCS Andree Dupre Examination Vessel; 1945 sold to France renamed Remorqueur 16, of Port Autonome de Bordeaux; renamed 1956 Remorqueur 18. (Source: The Second World War - A day by day account)
Photos and Documents