For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS LAUZON K671
Then HMCS LAUZON 322 (1953)
Built by George T. Davie & Sons Ltd., she was commissioned on 30 Aug 1944, at Quebec City. Lauzon arrived at Halifax in mid-Oct 1944 and in Nov 1944 spent three weeks' working up in Bermuda. She arrived at St. John's 30 Nov 1944 to join EG C-6, and was continuously employed as a mid-ocean escort until VE-Day. She left Londonderry 13 Jun 1945 for the last time, and that summer was employed as a troop-carrier between St. John's and Quebec City. Paid off on 07 Nov 1945, she was laid up in reserve at Shelburne, N.S. until purchased in 1946 by Marine Industries Ltd. The RCN re-acquired her in 1951 for conversion to a Prestonian class ocean escort. She was re-commissioned on 12 Dec 1953, and assumed a training role on the east coast until finally paid off on 24 May 1963. She was sold the following year to a Toronto buyer, presumably for scrap.